4th Annual Staff Senate Employee Appreciation Week
VCU Staff Senate's Employee Appreciation Week is organized by the Staff Senate Awards and Recognition Committee annually during Spring Break to recognize staff and appreciate them for all they do! We hold coffee and donuts days on both campuses to hand out good cheer and delicious treats to help people get going in the mornings, we provide week-long discounts to all campus retail such as Barnes and Noble, RamTech, VCU Dining RecSports and more, provide opportunities for staff to take VA State Capitol tours and library tours of both Cabell and TML, and hold two half-day sessions of our annual professional development conference with the Staff Senate Awards presentation. Check out the pictures and information below from the recent employee appreciation week!
This year we have a ton of events and discounts!
Feel free to download and post our PDF Flyer which includes all the events and discounts for the week: Staff Senate Staff Appreciation Week - 2020 Flyer
Annual Coffee and Donuts!
- Monday, March 9th - 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM - (MPC) - University Student Commons at the Common Theater's Concession Stand. Donuts & Coffee Days! Grab a donut or two to go, a cup of hot coffee or tea, and learn about resources for staff on campus: employee wellness, safety and alumni information.
- Tuesday, March 10th - 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM - (MCV) - Hunton Student Center - 1st Floor Seating Area. Donuts & Coffee Days! Grab a donut or two to go, a cup of hot coffee or tea, and learn about resources for staff on campus: employee wellness, safety and alumni information.
VCU Library Tours:
Take a guided tour of either Cabell Library OR Tompkins McCaw Library at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, March 11th at Noon (Both libraries)
- Thursday, March 12th at 4:15PM (Cabell Library Only)
- Friday, March 13th at 10AM (Both libraries)
No registration required, just meet at the front desk of either library on all dates and times.
Virginia State Capitol Tours:
Take a guided tour of the Virginia State Capitol on the either of the following dates below. Space is limited to a maximum of 50 people per tour date, sign-ups will be taken first come-first serve:
- Wednesday, March 11th from 1PM-2PM
- Friday, March 13th from 1PM-2PM
Registration required: Registration Form
2020 Career Development Day Conference:
- Thursday, March 12th - Visit our Career Development Day Conference website to register for the event and learn about the sessions being offered.
- The Staff Senate Awards for Excellence will be announced at the conference at the welcome of both the morning and afternoon conference sessions.
Discounts for Employees:
This year we have plenty of discounts offered for Employee Appreciation week!
Please have your VCU or VCU Health Staff ID ready to present for the following locations and offers:
- VCU Dining:
- 20% off all VCU Dine locations, see hours and participating locations for the week of Spring Break on the VCU Dine Website.
- Barnes & Noble:
- 15% off VCU gifts/clothing & general books. Both MPC & MCV campus hours will be Sunday 12-4pm, Monday-Saturday 10-4pm.
- 25% off of VCU gear (includes branded Apple Watch bands)
- 15% off of 3rd party accessories
- Rec Sports:
- Provide complimentary week-long access to employees that do not currently have a Rec Sports membership.
- Provide complimentary week-long access to an employee's partner or spouse (limit one per employee).
- Offer discounted annual term membership (12 months) for $221.00 down from $260.00.
- Offer member discount on massage therapy for $50.00 down from $65.00. *Must schedule an appointment during employee appreciation week*
- *Individuals must register and pay for massage therapy services during the Employee Appreciation Week; however, the services do not need to be provided during the Employee Appreciation Week (appointment times are posted 30 days in advance). Don't want a membership? Faculty/Staff non-member pricing ($65) is available by signing up on the registration form.
- In order to access the employee appreciation week passes, employees must sign up, in person, at either of our membership locations during office hours:
- Cary Street Gym (101 S. Linden Street)
- MCV Campus Recreation And Aquatic Center (900 Turpin Street)
Roots Natural Kitchen (939 W. Grace St):
20% off the entire week!