Up To Two Recipients (one for the VCU campus and one for the MCV campus), $500 Each
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award
- Professional certificate for the award winner
- Live presentation at the spring Career Development conference in March
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
- Letter of recognition to VCU President and department head of the employee
The VCU Staff Senate Integrity Award is an honor bestowed to an individual staff member who promotes and exemplifies VCU’s ethical standards. The recipient is recognized for their extraordinary performance and dedication in their position and their demonstrated leadership to the university through their distinguished efforts to enhance excellence in their fellow staff members, students or faculty.
Any non-probationary, salaried staff member of VCU or VCU Health in good standing. Nominee must not have received any Integrity Award of VCU or VCU Health within the last three years.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please complete all required information requested and submit the nomination online.
Nominations for this award require a written statement of at least 250 words, demonstrating how the nominee promotes and exemplifies all of the following elements of our Ethical Standards in the workplace:
- Respect - We will respect individuals, diversity and the rights of others. (e.g., continually considers how decisions, actions and words impact others)
- Honesty - We will act and communicate honestly and candidly. We will not mislead others. (e.g., communicates accurate, truthful and complete information to the best of his/her knowledge)
- Excellence - We will strive for excellence in all that we do. (e.g., delivers work products that often exceed expectations; acts as a role model, exemplifying open, honest and trustworthy behavior)
- Responsibility & Accountability - We will be responsible and accountable for our decisions and actions. (e.g., promotes ethical behavior and decision-making; voices concerns as appropriate; takes ownership of assigned projects and the results, whether good or bad)
- Stewardship - We will be good stewards of the resources entrusted to the university. (e.g., provides suggestions for improving or increasing efficiencies in processes or procedures)
- Compliance - We will understand and comply with the codes, laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern our university activities. (e.g., adheres to and promotes compliance with university expectations; proactively innovates solutions to compliance obstacles)
PLEASE NOTE: All award decisions will be based on information submitted by the nominator. Please feel free to include any letters of recommendation, outstanding comments or other documentation from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination
NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.