New Employee Award
Up To Two Recipients (one for the VCU campus and one for the MCV campus), $500 Each
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award
- Professional certificate for the award winner
- Live presentation at the spring Career Development conference in March
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
- Letter of recognition to VCU President and department head of the employee
The VCU Staff Senate will present this award to a salaried VCU or VCU Health staff member who has served with VCU or VCU Health no longer than three years. The recipient shows promise in their field and is making a large impact on the VCU community in the short time (six months to three years) that they have been a part of the university.
1) Nominee must be a salaried VCU or VCU Health staff member in good standing for at least six consecutive months, but no more than three years from the date of nomination.
2) Nominee may not have received any sort of University New Employee Award within the previous three years.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please complete all required information requested and submit nomination online.
Please write a statement of at least 200 words explaining why this staff member should be honored with The VCU Staff Senate New Employee Award. Please include at minimum one letters of recommendation, additional letters are optional.
The Awards & Recognition Committee will want to know how the nominee has addressed one or more of the criteria below:
- Nominee demonstrates leadership and provides guidance in interacting with the VCU community.
- Nominee has contributed -- above and beyond -- to departmental advancements using their creativity and/or analytical skills to solve problems and/or overcome challenges.
PLEASE NOTE: All award decisions will be based on information submitted by the nominator. Please feel free to include any letters of recommendation, outstanding comments or other documentation from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination
NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact email@example.com.