The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee members will contribute to the organization's mission in the following ways:
- Serve as an ambassador for diversity within the organization.
- Support the chapter in the execution of an annual event in recognition of Diversity Month.
- Share feedback and ideas for advancing the diversity and inclusion mission throughout all levels of the organization.
- Recommend diversity and inclusion strategies to foster a more inclusive culture.
- Inform the organization’s leadership regarding its diversity, equity and inclusion outreach and engagement efforts to include annual surveys, professional development
- opportunities and networking events.
- Seek collaborative partnerships with organizations that seek to advance diverse and inclusive opportunities.
- Support membership engagement, as well as new and prospective members.
We believe that every individual is valuable to the organization. We pledge and promise to make this organization as diverse, equitable, and inclusive as possible. We honor everyone’s unique background, and vow to not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any basis protected by law.
Here’s how we define diversity, equity, and inclusion:
Diversity – Diversity is the acceptance of people from varying backgrounds and life experiences. We believe that our organization thrives when we are as diverse as the people we serve. We acknowledge history, and we are intentionally paying attention to those who belong to historically disenfranchised groups, making sure that we make every effort to connect with and invite/solicit goods, services, products, and membership from these groups.
Equity – Equity is being fair and impartial. We will not discriminate against others based on our own biases, and make sure to check our biases as much and as often as possible.
Inclusion – Inclusion is providing an environment that honors everyone’s voice and everyone’s unique traits. We vow to provide an open environment that allows people to feel free to express their different perspectives, voices, ideas, and opinions. We become a better organization when we include diverse perspectives – we can better serve each other and our members.
Fiscal year 2021-2022 meetings are TBA. If you are interested in joining the committee or observing the committee please email Saher Randhawa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saher Randhawa (Co-Chair)
- Teresa Dulaney-Dewald (Co-Chair)