The Exceptional Customer Service Award
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period is now open! Click here to enter your nomination. Deadline December 21, 2023.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate and trophy for the award winners
- Recognized at an award ceremony in March 2024
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
The VCU Staff Senate Exceptional Customer Service Award is an honor bestowed to an individual staff member who promotes and exemplifies VCU’s customer service. This award is an opportunity to recognize the performance of staff members who work well with customers and exhibit a natural ability for customer service. The recipient is further recognized for their extraordinary dedication in their position through their outstanding customer service efforts to their fellow staff members and the University community. These actions are applicable to services provided to both internal and external customers of the University.
Any non-probationary, salaried staff member of VCU or VCU Health in good standing are eligible.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations from staff members and determine all winners. Please use the online nomination form to submit the required information and materials.
There are character count limitations. It is recommended that you type the responses to the questions below in a word document to track your character count, then copy and paste each response into the nomination form.
- In the nomination form, you will be asked how your nominee has addressed the criteria below:
- Describe how your nominee demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in assisting a diverse variety of customers through positive interactions. (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- Describe how your nominee provides assistance that helps keep customers satisfied beyond the call of duty. (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- Describe how your nominee eliminates barriers for customers by effectively and efficiently communicating, collaborating and addressing customer needs. (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- Please provide additional comments about the nominee that are not covered in the previous questions. (optional, max 1200 characters with spaces)
- Nominations for this award requires one additional letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator. This letter can include outstanding comments or other testiments from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination. Recommended length is a minimum of one page and a maximum of two pages single sided 12 point font. You will be asked to upload this letter (.pdf or word document) in the nomination form.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.