The Champion of Diversity and Inclusion Award
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period is closed as of February 7, 2023
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate and trophy for the award winners
- Recognized at an award ceremony on May 25, 2023
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
- Letter of recognition to VCU President and department head of the employee
Diversity is essential to our mission as a university. It allows us to develop better ideas, respond to the needs of our students, fellow staff members and the university community and ensures that VCU staff can work at their maximum potential.
The VCU Staff Senate Champion of Diversity and Inclusion Award is an honor bestowed to an individual staff member who promotes diversity and inclusive excellence throughout the university. This person enhances the environment of VCU and/or VCU Health and contributes to a sustained commitment to improve opportunities for the diverse communities we serve by spearheading the spirit of diversity, demonstrating awareness of the diverse identities among campus, and increasing diversity through positive communication, innovative methods and embracing our cross-cultural environment.
- Nominees must be non-probationary salaried staff member of VCU or VCU Health in good standing.
- Nominee must NOT have been selected for a University Diversity and/or Inclusion Award within the last 3 years prior to the closing date of nominations.
- Nominees whose principal job at VCU involves diversity and/or inclusion work are not eligible
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please complete all required information requested and submit nomination online.
- Please write a statement of at least 250 words explaining why this staff member should be honored with The VCU Staff Senate Champion of Diversity & Inclusion award. The Awards & Recognition Committee will want to know how the nominee has addressed one or more of the criteria below:
- How has the nominee raised awareness about a need, problem, or opportunity regarding issues of diversity and inclusion on campus?
- How has the nominee inspired others with their vision and advocacy for initiatives to ensure that all members of the VCU community feel welcome, engaged, and empowered?
- Nominations for this award requires one additional letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator.
- Additional letters are optional. While additional letters are optional, please understand that more supporting documentation will give the review committee a more complete picture to assess the contributions of the nominee.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
All award decisions will be based on information submitted by the nominator. Please feel free to include any letters of recommendation, outstanding comments or other documentation from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination.
All awards of The Staff Senate Awards of Excellence are reserved for members of the Classified Staff and the Academic & University Professionals employee classifications of VCU and the staff of VCU Health. Nominations are made by their fellow staff members. Faculty, please retain your nominations for the faculty awards of your choice.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.