The Guiding Star Award for Career Achievement
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period is now open! Click here to enter your nomination. Deadline December 21, 2023.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate and trophy for the award winners
- Recognized at an award ceremony in March 2024
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
The VCU Staff Senate will present this award to a long-serving staff member who dedicated the vast majority of their professional career to providing exemplary support or service to the VCU community. Awardees will be individuals who are NOT in a senior leadership position, but who provide, or have provided, direct support or service in an administrative, front line or service position.
- Nominee must be a non-probationary salaried employee of VCU or VCU Health in good standing.
- Must have served with VCU or VCU Health for at least 25 years.
There are character count limitations. It is recommended that you type the responses to the questions below in a word document to track your character count, then copy and paste each response into the nomination form.
- In the nomination form, you will be asked how your nominee has addressed the criteria below:
- How has the nominee provided outstanding service to their department or school for many years? (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- How has nominee provided outstanding service to the broader VCU community for many years? (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- Please provide additional comments about the nominee that are not covered in the previous questions. (optional, max 1200 characters with spaces)
- Nominations for this award requires one additional letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator. This letter can include outstanding comments or other testiments from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination. Recommended length is a minimum of one page and a maximum of two pages single sided 12 point font. You will be asked to upload this letter (.pdf or word document) in the nomination form.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.