The Exceptional Customer Service Award
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period ended March 15, 2022.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate for the award winner
- Live or virtual presentation at the May Staff Senate meeting
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
- Letter of recognition to VCU President and department head of the employee
The VCU Staff Senate Exceptional Customer Service Award is an honor bestowed to an individual staff member who promotes and exemplifies VCU’s customer service. This award is an opportunity to recognize the performance of staff members who work well with customers and exhibit a natural ability for customer service. The recipient is further recognized for their extraordinary dedication in their position through their outstanding customer service efforts to their fellow staff members and the University community. These actions are applicable to services provided to both internal and external customers of the University.
Any non-probationary, salaried staff member of VCU or VCU Health in good standing are eligible. Nominee must not have received or currently being considered for, any Customer Service Award of VCU or VCU Health within the last 12 months prior to close of nominations.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations from staff members and determine all winners. Please complete all required information requested and submit the nomination online.
NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS / SUGGESTIONS
1) Nominations for this award requires one Letter of Recommendation from other than the nominator. Additional letters are optional.
2) Please write a statement of at least 250 words in which The Awards & Recognition Committee will want to know how the nominee has addressed the following required criteria:
- Nominee demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in assisting a diverse variety of customers through positive interactions.
- Provides assistance that helps keep customers satisfied beyond the call of duty.
- Eliminates barriers for customers by effectively and efficiently communicating, collaborating and addressing customer needs.
It is suggested that nominations include examples and information on the following:
- Significant issue(s) resolved by the staff member.
- Methods or policies implemented by the office, division or department that resulted from the staff members outstanding actions involving their customer service.
- Positive feedback from customers.
- Any additional information you believe that has a bearing on the quality of, or results of, the staff members customer service efforts
All award decisions will be based on information submitted by the nominator. Please feel free to include any letters of recommendation, outstanding comments or other documentation from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination
All awards of The Staff Senate Awards of Excellence are reserved for members of the Classified Staff and the Academic & University Professionals employee classifications of VCU and the staff of VCU Health. Nominations are made by their fellow staff members. Faculty, please retain your nominations for the faculty awards of your choice.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.