The Executive Award for Staff Advocacy
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period is now closed. Deadline December 21, 2023.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate and trophy for the award winners
- Recognized at an award ceremony in March 2024
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
The VCU Staff Senate Executive Award for Staff Advocacy is an honor awarded to an outstanding employee who has contributed to the advancement, benefit and well-being of VCU and/or VCU Health staff. The honor is awarded to an employee whose actions can only be described as truly extraordinary. The recipient of this award is a leader who views staff members as valuable and whose interactions within the university foster a positive workplace culture. The individual consistently strives, encourages, and advocates for staff excellence.
Any non-probationary salaried employee of VCU or VCU Health in good standing who has been employed for a minimum of three years.
There are character count limitations. It is recommended that you type the responses to the questions below in a word document to track your character count, then copy and paste each response into the nomination form.
- In the nomination form, you will be asked how your nominee exemplifies the criteria below:
- Provide detailed accomplishments and achievements the nominee has performed in advocating for VCU and/or VCU Health staff members. (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- Describe the benefits and impact of the nominee’s advocacy. How has the advocacy affected the well-being of staff? (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- Please provide additional comments about the nominee that are not covered in the previous questions. (optional, max 1200 characters with spaces)
- Nominations for this award requires one additional letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator. This letter can include outstanding comments or other testiments from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination. Recommended length is a minimum of one page and a maximum of two pages single spaced 12 point font. You will be asked to upload this letter (.pdf or word document) in the nomination form.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact email@example.com.