The Professional Integrity Award
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period is now closed. Deadline December 21, 2023.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate and trophy for the award winners
- Recognized at an award ceremony in March 2024
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
The VCU Staff Senate Professional Integrity Award is an honor bestowed to an individual staff member who promotes and exemplifies VCU’s ethical standards. The recipient is recognized for their extraordinary performance and dedication in their position and their demonstrated leadership to the university through their distinguished efforts to enhance excellence in their fellow staff members, students or faculty.
Any non-probationary, salaried staff member of VCU or VCU Health in good standing.
The Awards and Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please use the online nomination form to submit the required information and materials.
There are character count limitations. It is recommended that you type the responses to the questions below in a word document so you can track the character count, then copy and paste each response into the nomination form.
- In the nomination form, you will be asked how your nominee exemplifies the elements of VCU's ethical standards in the workplace: respect, honesty, excellence, responsibility and accountability, stewardship, and compliance. If a standard is not relevant, you can write n/a.
- How does your nominee exemplify respect: We will respect individuals, diversity and the rights of others. (e.g., continually considers how decisions, actions and words impact others) (maximum 1,100 characters with spaces)
- How does your nominee exemplify honesty: We will act and communicate honestly and candidly. We will not mislead others. (e.g., communicates accurate, truthful and complete information to the best of his/her knowledge (maximum 1,100 characters with spaces)
- How does your nominee exemplify excellence: We will strive for excellence in all that we do. (e.g., delivers work products that often exceed expectations; acts as a role model, exemplifying open, honest and trustworthy behavior) (maximum 1,100 characters with spaces)
- How does your nominee exemplify responsibility & accountability: We will be responsible and accountable for our decisions and actions. (e.g., promotes ethical behavior and decision-making; voices concerns as appropriate; takes ownership of assigned projects and the results, whether good or bad) (maximum 1,100 characters with spaces)
- How does your nominee exemplify stewardship: We will be good stewards of the resources entrusted to the university. (e.g., provides suggestions for improving or increasing efficiencies in processes or procedures) (maximum 1,100 characters with spaces)
- How does your nominee exemplify compliance: We will understand and comply with the codes, laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern our university activities. (e.g., adheres to and promotes compliance with university expectations; proactively innovates solutions to compliance obstacles) (maximum 1,100 characters with spaces)
- Provide additional comments about the nominee that are not covered in the previous questions. (optional, max 1200 characters with spaces)
- Nominations for this award requires one additional letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator. This letter can include outstanding comments or other testiments from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination. Recommended length is a minimum of one page and a maximum of two pages single spaced 12 point font. You will be asked to upload this letter (.pdf or word document) in the nomination form.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.