The Professional Integrity Award
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period is closed as of February 7, 2023
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate and trophy for the award winners
- Recognized at an award ceremony on May 25, 2023
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
- Letter of recognition to VCU President and department head of the employee
The VCU Staff Senate Professional Integrity Award is an honor bestowed to an individual staff member who promotes and exemplifies VCU’s ethical standards. The recipient is recognized for their extraordinary performance and dedication in their position and their demonstrated leadership to the university through their distinguished efforts to enhance excellence in their fellow staff members, students or faculty.
Any non-probationary, salaried staff member of VCU or VCU Health in good standing. Nominees must not have received any Integrity Award of VCU or VCU Health within the last three years prior to the closing date of nominations.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please complete all required information requested and submit the nomination online.
- Please include a written statement of at least 250 words demonstrating how the nominee promotes and exemplifies all of the following elements of our Ethical Standards in the workplace:
- Respect - We will respect individuals, diversity and the rights of others. (e.g., continually considers how decisions, actions and words impact others)Honesty - We will act and communicate honestly and candidly. We will not mislead others. (e.g., communicates accurate, truthful and complete information to the best of his/her knowledge
- Excellence - We will strive for excellence in all that we do. (e.g., delivers work products that often exceed expectations; acts as a role model, exemplifying open, honest and trustworthy behavior)
- Responsibility & Accountability - We will be responsible and accountable for our decisions and actions. (e.g., promotes ethical behavior and decision-making; voices concerns as appropriate; takes ownership of assigned projects and the results, whether good or bad)
- Stewardship - We will be good stewards of the resources entrusted to the university. (e.g., provides suggestions for improving or increasing efficiencies in processes or procedures)
- Compliance - We will understand and comply with the codes, laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern our university activities. (e.g., adheres to and promotes compliance with university expectations; proactively innovates solutions to compliance obstacles)
- Nominations for this award requires one additional letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator.
- Additional letters are optional. While additional letters are optional, please understand that more supporting documentation will give the review committee a more complete picture to assess the contributions of the nominee.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
All award decisions will be based on information submitted by the nominator. Please feel free to include any letters of recommendation, outstanding comments or other documentation from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination.
All awards of The Staff Senate Awards of Excellence are reserved for members of the Classified Staff and the Academic & University Professionals employee classifications of VCU and the staff of VCU Health. Nominations are made by their fellow staff members. Faculty, please retain your nominations for the faculty awards of your choice.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.