The Executive Award for Staff Advocacy
$1000 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period ended March 15, 2022.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $1000 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate for the award winners
- Live or virtual presentation at the May Staff Senate meeting
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
- Letter of recognition to VCU President and department head of the employee
The VCU Staff Senate Executive Award for Staff Advocacy is an honor awarded to an outstanding employee who has contributed to the advancement, benefit and well-being of VCU and/or VCU Health staff. The honor is awarded to an employee whose actions can only be described as truly extraordinary. The recipient of this award is a leader who views staff members as valuable and whose interactions within the university foster a positive workplace culture. The individual consistently strives, encourages, and advocates for staff excellence.
Any non-probationary salaried employee of VCU or VCU Health in good standing who has been employed for a minimum of three years.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please complete all required information requested and submit nomination online.
1) Nominations for this award requires one Letter of Recommendation from other than the nominator. Additional letters are optional.
2) Please write a statement of at least 250 words why your nominee should be honored with the VCU Staff Senate Executive Award for Staff Advocacy. The Awards & Recognition Committee will want to know how you arrived at making your nomination. Please describe fully all actions the nominee has done to support your nomination. Please include special consideration for the areas below:
- Detail accomplishments and achievements the nominee has performed in advocating for VCU and/or VCU Health staff members.
- Describe the benefits from the nominee’s advocacy
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
All award decisions will be based on information submitted by the nominator. Please feel free to include any letters of recommendation, outstanding comments or other documentation from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination
All awards of The Staff Senate Awards of Excellence are reserved for members of the Classified Staff and the Academic & University Professionals employee classifications of VCU and the staff of VCU Health. Nominations are made by their fellow staff members. Faculty, please retain your nominations for the faculty awards of your choice.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact email@example.com.