The Guiding Star Award for Career Achievement
$1000 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period ended March 15, 2022.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $1000 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate for the award winners
- Live or virtual presentation at the May Staff Senate meeting
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
- Letter of recognition to VCU President and department head of the employee
The VCU Staff Senate will present this award to a long-serving staff member who dedicated the vast majority of their professional career to providing exemplary support or service to the VCU community. Awardees will be individuals who are NOT in a senior leadership position, but who provide, or have provided, direct support or service in an administrative, front line or service position.
1) Nominee must be a non-probationary salaried employee of VCU or VCU Health in good standing.
2) Must have served with VCU or VCU Health for at least 25 years.
3) Nominee may not have received a similar award within VCU or VCU Health previously.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please complete all required information requested and submit nomination online.
1) Nominations for this award requires one Letter of Recommendation from other than the nominator. Additional letters are optional.
2) Please write a statement of at least 250 words explaining why this staff member should be honored with The VCU Staff Senate Guiding Star Award for Career Achievement. The Awards & Recognition Committee will want to know how the nominee has provided outstanding service to their department or school OR to the broader VCU community for many years.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
All award decisions will be based on information submitted by the nominator. Please feel free to include any letters of recommendation, outstanding comments or other documentation from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination
All awards of The Staff Senate Awards of Excellence are reserved for members of the Classified Staff and the Academic & University Professionals employee classifications of VCU and the staff of VCU Health. Nominations are made by their fellow staff members. Faculty, please retain your nominations for the faculty awards of your choice.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.