The Champion of Diversity and Inclusion Award
$500 - Up To Two Recipients
The nomination period is now open! Click here to enter your nomination. Deadline December 21, 2023.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
- A $500 monetary award for up to two recipients
- Professional certificate and trophy for the award winners
- Recognized at an award ceremony in March 2024
- Photographed and recognized on VCU Staff Senate web page
Diversity is essential to our mission as a university. It allows us to develop better ideas, respond to the needs of our students, fellow staff members and the university community and ensures that VCU staff can work at their maximum potential.
The VCU Staff Senate Champion of Diversity and Inclusion Award is an honor bestowed to an individual staff member who promotes diversity and inclusive excellence throughout the university. This person enhances the environment of VCU and/or VCU Health and contributes to a sustained commitment to improve opportunities for the diverse communities we serve by spearheading the spirit of diversity, demonstrating awareness of the diverse identities among campus, and increasing diversity through positive communication, innovative methods and embracing our cross-cultural environment.
- Nominees must be non-probationary salaried staff member of VCU or VCU Health in good standing.
- Nominees whose principal job at VCU involves diversity and/or inclusion work are not eligible.
The VCU Staff Senate Awards & Recognition Committee will review nominations and determine all winners. Please use the online nomination form to submit the required information and materials.
There are character count limitations. It is recommended that you type the responses to the questions below in a word document so you can track the character count, then copy and paste each response into the nomination form.
- In the nomination form, you will be asked how your nominee has addressed the criteria below:
- How has the nominee raised awareness about a need, problem, or opportunity regarding issues of diversity and inclusion on campus? (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- How has the nominee inspired others with their vision and advocacy for initiatives to ensure that all members of the VCU community feel welcome, engaged, and empowered? (min 500 characters with spaces to max 2000 characters with spaces)
- Please provide additional comments about the nominee that are not covered in the previous questions. (optional, max 1200 characters with spaces)
- Nominations for this award requires one additional letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator. This letter can include outstanding comments or other testiments from the nominee's co-workers, supervisor, manager, or individual students or faculty members in support of your nomination. Recommended length is a minimum of one page and a maximum of two pages single sided 12 point font. You will be asked to upload this letter (.pdf or word document) in the nomination form.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the nomination form or uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.